Quarter of a century young

17 Mar

On Friday I turned 25

photo 3

Zero running was involved, but there were a whole lot of donuts

photo 1

There were also some shenanigans at the piano bar…

photo 1

photo 2

photo (10)

As well as my favorite bar downtown

photo 3

photo 5

The next day I was able to celebrate with some of my amazing aunts, uncles and cousins up in Dana Point

10007437_10202878482535745_1204222623_n 10006511_10202878484615797_897094824_n 1921890_10202878486775851_813697061_n

and then we attempted to keep the party going Saturday night at the 80’s cover band….

photo 5

but helloooo I’m old and 25 now. It takes way too long to recover from a night like Friday, so we left at 11pm to order dominos and drink Gatorade (the Gatorade may have just been me…)

Sunday was used to get some much needed sleep and then a trip to Coronado Beach, which capped off a fabulous weekend

photo 1 photo 2

I am honestly not sure how I’ve been so lucky to be continuously surrounded by amazing people no matter where I am living, but I couldn’t be happier. Thank you to my friends and family, both near and far, who made it so so special!

(clearly no running was involved in this post, so I apologize to anyone who came here looking for an actually running blog post. This one’s for the fam who likes to know what I’m up to) (oh and also I haven’t ran since the San Diego Half, so that might have something to do with it too. More on that tomorrow.) (not sure why all of this is in parentheses)

Do you have a favorite birthday memory?

Any birthday traditions?

7 Responses to “Quarter of a century young”

1. Karen March 17, 2014 at 6:27 pm #

I’m so glad you had such a fun birthday celebration, sweetie!!!! I can hardly believe you’re 25!! 😎. Love you!!! 😘

2. Chocolate Covered Race Medals March 17, 2014 at 6:42 pm #

Donuts = happy 25 year old :)

3. jaymeball13 March 17, 2014 at 9:33 pm #

MOST EPIC BIRTHDAY CAKE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m incredibly jealous!

4. Alex @ therunwithin March 18, 2014 at 4:19 am #

well happy belated birthday! Love the donut cake, how adorable. looks like an awesome weekend of celebrating .

5. Olive to Run March 18, 2014 at 5:11 am #

That donut cake is fantastic. Happy Belated birthday! <3

6. kelsnsher March 18, 2014 at 6:33 am #

Happy Birthday girl!! Love the donut cake haha No running necessary for me to stop by, just my favorite Cali blogger buddy!!

7. Kerrie March 18, 2014 at 4:42 pm #

Oh that donut cake! Wow! Glad you had a great birthday! :)