Math is Hard.

31 Jan

Happy Friday, people!

I can’t believe it’s already the end of January, but I’m not too sad about it because I ended up with 80.7 miles for the month! First time I’ve hit the 80s since last March.

For a while, I didn’t think I would ever get back to monthly mileage like this, but hey, what do you know, smart and slow training really helps.

I had to tell my dad first, as I do with every running feat I encounter, and I think it was first time I had higher monthly mileage than him. I was pretty proud of myself for a while, but then I showed my lack of math skillz and my confidence plummeted

IMG_3923

Note to self: 80 – 77.5 = 2.5

Sigh.

(My confidence didn’t actually plummet that much. I’m used to it. Show me numbers and I immediately clam up like a….clam.)

So, to get to 80.7 I decided to run 2 miles this morning. I usually (read: never) run the day after a long run, so this was new to me….. and also shows how vain I am in needing to hit that 80 mile milestone.

I know some people love to do shakeout runs after their long run, but I don’t think I’m going to become one of them. It wasn’t the best run and it wasn’t the worst, but I definitely don’t feel any benefits from it besides feeling a tiny bit less guilty after eating those tater tots at lunch.

Okay, I’m off to go begin enjoying this weekend.

By watching a movie and going to bed early :)

Do you track your mileage everyday?

Do you prefer math & science or english & history?

I think we all know my answer for this one.

Any fun plans for the weekend?!

12 Responses to “Math is Hard.”

1. OneMotherofaDay February 1, 2014 at 8:01 am #

That’s great that your Dad is also a runner! It makes it nice when you have other family members interested in the same thing as you. Luckily, my hubby is a runner. On Saturdays, he runs his long runs and on Sundays I do mine. Great job on hitting the 80 mark for the month! I need to start setting some monthly goals as well!

• irunfordonuts February 4, 2014 at 9:38 am #

How fun both you and your husband are runners! Such a fun thing to share :)

2. Kim February 1, 2014 at 1:54 pm #

Oh, yes – I track all of my mileage!! I have over 15 years worth of running logs that I refuse to part with – I’m just sad that I didn’t track it before then!!!
    Math and science are by far my favorite subjects!

• irunfordonuts February 4, 2014 at 9:38 am #

That’s amazing you have 15 years of logs!!! Must be fun to look back on them once in a while!

3. Kerrie February 2, 2014 at 4:15 am #

I track mine! Its nice to know how much you have done ect.
    I dislike maths too. I much prefer science!

• irunfordonuts February 4, 2014 at 9:40 am #

It really is nice to keep track! Kudos to you for enjoying science! That subject gives me as much anxiety as math!!

4. cldem February 2, 2014 at 10:28 am #

I’ve started to track all my workouts in a training log. Pen and paper so I can make little comments to myself. With my marathon mid month I was happy to hit 63.7 miles. Next month I’ll be back to heavier mileage.

• irunfordonuts February 4, 2014 at 9:42 am #

Pen and paper — so old school, I love it!

5. Tabi February 2, 2014 at 2:15 pm #

Congrats! So happy for You ! Its Great that you have stuck to your training and ran so much ! Keep at it :)
    xoxoxox Tabi

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. I’m gonna eat you, little pengy!! | I Run For Donuts - February 14, 2014

[…] Yup, those are penguin cake pops. Penguins + sweets = 2 of my favorite things (see, that kind of math I can do). […]

2. A giveaway winner & a few random things…. | I Run For Donuts - February 28, 2014

[…] I’ve always been a nut when it comes weather — my favorite gift growing up was a hurricane tracker map from The Weather Channel and I was positive I would be a meteorologist on TV one day. But then my dad handed me an article in the newspaper and my life plan blew up when I read you had to take all science and math classes to major in Meteorology. Even in 6th grade I knew I couldn’t handle math. […]