If this weekend wasn’t the best ever, it is definitely up there in my top 10 list.
My poor Facebook friends have already had their newsfeeds blow up with a million pictures from my sailing adventure, so I won’t just do a photo dump, but I will inform you of some things I learned this weekend…
1. Always be prepared when taking the first sip of a surprise drink from the bartender at a whiskey bar
and when I say be prepared, I mean be prepared to take a picture of your friend taking the first sip of their surprise drink from the bartender at a whiskey bar because it will become your favorite picture ever
2. It’s okay for everyone to have their own style. On Saturday night our outfits ranged from ‘out on the town,’ ‘beach babe’ and ‘smelly from volleyball’
3. You don’t really know your friends until you discuss your heavier stages in life. And then put them in one picture together
4. Sailing is the most fun activity in the world.
5. There’s something about a captains hat that gives you a sense of authority
6. Contrary to my previous belief that a sailboat just went straight, it is necessary to steer it with serious concentration.
Or you at least have to prove to Captain Greg that you’re concentrating so he’ll let you have your beer back
7. You can sail a boat in a snuggie. And look badass doing it.
8. I am a needy friend and I don’t think Tami’s used it yet.
We’ll get there.
9. This little guy winking at me is the most action I’ve gotten in a while.
This is not in fact a lesson, just a sad fact.
10. Never say never. Captain Greg said the possibility of seeing dolphins during the trip were very slim. And then we found these little guys.
11. And lastly, NEVER underestimate the damage 4 girls can do on a snack basket
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Oh and this.
Have you ever gone sailing?
Do you get seasick?